Welcome to JB Healing Arts! This website is intended to be a resource for people interested in experiencing the health benefits of Qigong (Chi Kung) and Taiji (Tai Chi) . Its purpose is to share practices that promote living a happier, healthier life and to prevent dis-ease before symptoms and costs arise.
Qigong (pronounced Chee-Gong) is a healing art originating in China that has been refined over thousands of years. A major component of Qigong and Taiji is the practice of gentle, flowing movements done in a mindful manner. These movements are easily adaptable to accommodate the needs of individuals of almost any age or physical ability and provide an excellent way to reduce stress, develop strength, balance and flexibility. Qigong and Taiji are taught at major hospital facilities including the Mayo Clinic, Mount Sinai, and the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
There are many styles and aspects of Qigong and Taiji ranging from martial arts applications to gentle healing movements and seated meditation. This website focuses on the healing and meditative qualities of Qigong and Taiji.
Benefits of Qigong and Taiji include:
- Great way to relax and reduce stress
- Release tension and pain and thus open the body to self-healing
- Improve focus and awareness leading to healthier life choices
- Teaches one how to move and use the body in an efficient manner
- Improve balance, stamina, and flexibility
- Suitable for all ages and is easily adapted to one's abilities
- Practice sessions may be shortened or lengthened to fit into your day
- May be done indoors or outdoors in a small space with no equipment